Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Darkest Hour

The clock hand stood still
Every passing second hits upon eternity
As death stared at my will
I looked into the clueless horizons of serenity
The fading eyes stared up at the sky
A blurred vision of a time that rushed away
Thoughts blanked as this life passed by
Disguised into a choice of poison and this day

No arms to hold me here
No angels to hear me cry
No place to hold my obituary
No one to witness me die
No six feet grave for the body
No soul to make this life realign
No bleeding inside this parody
All pain is coherently redefined

The blowing cadaverous wind stood still
A touch of rejected redemption
The waves of guilt crash against my will
As I pay for this forlorn invention
Butchered by the remnants of black frailty
Lifetime supply of inordinate disgrace
A sphere of preconceived morality
Flip opens the heart into pieces without trace

No gates of heaven open for me
No breathe seems alive
No promised land to set me free
No salvation could revive
No sunlight appears today
No glory left to find
No more thoughts , nothing to say
All pain is redefined

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a start! I loved it.. especially the lines in the 3rd paragraph. This can definitely be composed into a heavy metal song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go Ash :). Glad that you are the reader no 1. Couldnt have asked for a better first feedback than yours. Welcome to morbid echoes my dear.

    I dont know whether it can be composed into a heavy metal song but the lines do resemble a little of Scandinavian death metal songs .. Btw are you into heavy metal ?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the closing lines !! pain redefined !whoa !! missed your poems for sure ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a phase of my life where I was into it a lot more than I am now. As of now, it's a little bit of everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) i dunno much about heavy or death or alloy metals...but in a strange way i saw an opening at the end..lemme 'not' name it as 'hope' since that word is already fictionalised in this world...lets call it a new beginning

    Here's a little something that just came to me...every dark poem has the light one bang opposite it...hope u like it:P

    when no gates of heaven open for u,
    when no thoughts bother u
    when u have no more a word left in u
    all ur pain is redefined

    the darkest hour is but just a myth
    the shadow hides the Light beneath
    so Rags, take a step or two
    n bask in the reflected glory that is U !

    ReplyDelete